A delicious and great tasting dinner idea featuring our All Natural Link Sausage and your favorite pasta. With simple ingredients like black beans and corn, this tasty dish is easy to make anytime and takes just 20 minutes.
Sausage with Vegetables & Pasta
- Cook penne pasta in pot of salted water to your liking. Drain and set aside.
- In pan brown cut up links until golden brown over med-hi heat.
- To same pan add onions and bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Stir in black beans, corn and water or broth. Bring to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
You can use any type of short pasta such as bow tie, rotini, or even elbow macaroni for this easy and delicious recipe.
Try this recipe with any of your favorite beans such as kidney, cannelloni, or great northern.
Try this recipe using Swaggerty’s 1930 Family Recipe “Hot” Sausage if your family likes their dishes a bit more spicy.
Add penne pasta to hot sausage mixture. Serve with a sprinkling of tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
12 - 24 min
Swaggerty’s Farm All Natural sausage links, 12, each cut into 3 pcs
½ lb penne pasta
¼ cup chopped onions
½ cup slivered or chopped bell peppers – red, orange, or yellow
1 can black beans, rinsed, and drained
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
½ cup water or chicken broth
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish:1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
Garnish:1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
A light white wine, salad of greens with a vinaigrette dressing, crusty bread
Special Kitchen Tools: