Excellent opportunity for a talented, self-driven experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join a leading pork sausage manufacturer that provides, quite possibly, the best tasting sausage in America. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of Maintenance Technicians on designated shift. This position is a hands-on maintenance role, and this individual will provide technical support throughout the facility as well as implement projects. Candidates must have 5-10 years of related experience within a high-speed manufacturing environment. A four-year degree or equivalent work experience is required, and PSM / Ammonia experience preferred. Certifications a plus. THIS IS A SECOND OR THIRD SHIFT POSITION WITH AN EXCELLENT CHANCE FOR ADVANCEMENT. SOME WEEKEND WORK REQUIRED.
- Align the maintenance organization with the company’s vision, mission statement and core values.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule maintenance activities for equipment (process and packaging systems), utility infrastructure, buildings and grounds, and support areas.
- Assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of technicians responsible for maintenance of the plant, including repair and installation of all electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment.
- Order parts, equipment, specialized tools and services required to perform work. Issue purchase orders, approve and reconcile invoices.
- Monitor work activities of others to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and support in daily operations, including task planning and coordination, and asset protection.
- practices/programs for food safety, process safety, environmental safety and personnel safety. Process safety for ammonia refrigeration. Ensure GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), HACCP for food safety.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned or necessary.
- Strong working knowledge of technical and industry building/grounds and utility infrastructure, including:
- Minimum of five (5) years to ten (10) of experience in maintenance–related work in manufacturing or production facilities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of prior Maintenance Supervisor
- Utility Systems: Steam and condensate; Water and wastewater; Compressed air.
- Building Systems: Electrical (power/distribution, lighting, fire alarm, communications, network, phone, security) and Mechanical (HVAC, plumbing/domestic water, fire sprinklers).
- Electrical & Controls: Motor control centers/drives; Programmable logic controllers (PLC); Human machine interfaces (HMI) and other instrumentation.
- Maintenance Systems: Predictive, preventative and breakdown maintenance; computerized maintenance management system; Inventories and supplies.
- Ammonia Refrigeration: Basic system operation and major unit operations; Third party execution of maintenance; process safety.
- Core knowledge, experience, and skill in construction, tooling, crafts, carpentry, welding, building and household maintenance, landscape, light industrial, and janitorial functions. Basic mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong working knowledge of meat process and packaging systems, including specialized process equipment and basic food systems (conveyors, liquid systems, etc.)
- Proficient (intermediate to advanced) with Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Auto Cad or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with proficiency in English, written and verbal.
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced, frequently high pressured environment, where internal/external customer demands are expected and routine.
- Management Skills: Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise and motivate others.
- Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and spoken word.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills: Ability to analyze and find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize available time to organize & complete work within given deadlines
- Computer Skills - Literate in MS Word, Excel, and Auto Cad or equivalent.
- Maintenance work in a food manufacturing USDA Facility experience preferred.
- Hazmat certification.
- Emergency responder certification.
- PSM / Ammonia experience preferred.
A four-year degree or equivalent work experience. Eighteen months of education or training beyond High School level in general maintenance and repair, or a related area.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production plant working environment.
- Personal Protection Equipment provided and required.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud; hearing protection required.
Food & Beverage, Food Production, Consumer Goods
Swaggerty Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job-related characteristic as directed by law.