This quick and easy meal will really kick off your summer taste buds with it's sautéd onions and our tasty sausage - tossed with your favorite fresh pasta, peas or beans and tomatoes. Top it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and let the good times roll!
Fresh Pasta with Sausage & Veggies
- Sauté onions and sausage over medium heat until sausage is browned.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper flakes over sausage and stir to combine.
- While sausage is cooking cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Add fresh peas or beans & tomatoes to sausage mixture and mix gently.
- Sprinkle cheese, salt, and pepper into pan. Turn heat to medium low. Toss all ingredients together well. Set sauce aside to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Usually about 8 minutes. Take care to not over cook. Dip out 1 cup of pasta cooking water and add to pan with sausage. Stir water into sauce gently.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with sausage and vegetables sauce. Toss together.
This is a very summery pasta and has a wonderful fresh taste!