This recipe will remind you of what summer is all about! Enjoy a delicious all-meat brat wrapped in smoky bacon then glazed with a delicious combo of maple syrup, bourbon, dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. All baked to perfection and served on your favorite bun with crunchy apple coleslaw.
Maple-Bourbon-Mustard Glazed Bacon Wrapped Brats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wrap each brat with a slice of bacon leaving each end of brat uncovered.
- Mix together the maple syrup, bourbon whiskey, mustard, black pepper & Italian seasoning together in a small bowl to make glaze.
- Place bacon wrapped brats on a baking sheet pan. Brush generously with maple-bourbon-mustard glaze.
- Bake for 15 minutes and reglaze brats. Bake until bacon is well-cooked and crispy on the edges. Another 10-15 minutes. It will take longer if you use thick cut bacon. Remove pan from oven.
- While brats are cooking mix together cole slaw mix, chopped apple & dressing.
- Place some cole slaw in bun and top with bacon wrapped brats. Add more slaw and pickle slices.
The brats can also be cooked on a grill if you like.