Sausage & Spinach Rice Supper
- Return cooked and drained sausage crumbles to a large skillet. Place over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle pepper flakes, pine nuts, and chopped garlic over sausage and sauté until nuts are slightly golden.
- Add cooked rice packet to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Toss in fresh spinach leaves and cook just until wilted.
- Liberally sprinkle shredded cheese over the mixture. Serve hot with additional shredded cheese to garnish.
This really is a 10-15 minute meal that has lots of good things. It is full of protein, iron, and flavor. The simplicity of this recipe makes it a perfect family meal after a long day. Add a salad or sliced homegrown tomatoes and dinner is on the table.
Other Ideas: Add in some chopped fresh tomatoes. A drizzle of soy sauce would be delicious.
1 lb Swaggerty's Roll sausage, browned, crumbled, and drained
1 package Uncle Bens® "Ready Rice" Long Grain & Wild Rice (8.8 oz)
1/3 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
2 garlic cloves, chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
A pinch of red pepper flakes
1 package of fresh spinach leaves, about 6 oz.
Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste (or crumbled feta cheese)
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Your favorite salad
Special Kitchen Tools: