A different twist on sausage and grits - Italian style! Sliced polenta and sausage layered together with tangy artichokes, sweet onions, and parmesan cheese baked on top. This combo is so good you might want to double it for a crowd! Best of all it’s Gluten Free!
Polenta Artichoke Bake
- Preheat oven to 375 if cooking immediately.
- Brown Sausage patties in a skillet and remove to drain. Set aside.
- In same skillet sauté onions until translucent about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cut polenta into 10 equal size pieces.
- In a small (1 ½ to 2 quart size) casserole dish spread out half of the onion-artichoke mixture to cover the bottom.
- Top with sausage and polenta, alternating slices, beginning and ending with polenta.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the onion-artichoke and the Parmesan cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until a light golden brown on top.