Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break bread into small pieces and toast lightly in oven. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet until browned over medium-high heat. Use spatula to break into chunks or crumbs. Add to bread in mixing bowl.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes. Spread evenly over bread cubes and sausage.
- Coat skillet with non-stick spray and add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add sage, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add evenly to mixture.
- Combine eggs and broth in another bowl and stir together. Pour into bread mixture and mix to coat. Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until browned. Top with fresh rosemary for garnish.
9 cups bread, torn into 1-2 inch pieces
2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
½ lb. roll of Swaggerty’s Farm® sausage
2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
2 tsp butter 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Shitake and button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup onion, chopped
2 large eggs
1-1/4 cups carrot, chopped
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1-1/4 cups celery, chopped
Rosemary leaf for garnish
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Special Kitchen Tools: