Swaggerty Special Casserole
- Fry the sausage breaking it up into small pieces. Drain thoroughly.
- In a 9”X13” dish, which has been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray, scatter the uncooked rice.
- Arrange the shredded cabbage over the rice and spread the sliced onions over the cabbage.
- Sprinkle sausage evenly over the onions and pour the tomatoes, not drained, over the sausage.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a 325 degree oven about one hour.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese (if desired) and return to the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
Serve hot with some crusty bread.
10 - 12
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage
1 cup uncooked rice
4 to 5 cups shredded cabbage
1 large onion, sliced very thin
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, crusty bread
Special Kitchen Tools: