Sausage Brunch Pie
- Crust for a two crust pie: Line a deep dish 9” pie shell with pastry.
- Fry the sausage and onion, and drain.
- Break up any large pieces of sausage. Mix in celery, cheese, hash brown potatoes, and soup.
- Stir all ingredients together and put into the pie shell.
- Seal top with remaining pastry, crimping the edge to seal. Trim off any excess pastry. Cut slits in top pastry in an attractive pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 45 minutes or until top crust is evenly browned.
If crust gets too dark before the filling is done, cover loosely with a sheet of foil.
Allow to cool about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
6 - 8
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
½ lb Kroger Nice N’ Cheesy cheese
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup mushroom soup
2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Special Kitchen Tools: