Break out the panini grill! Buttered sourdough bread, our flavorful sausage links, Swiss & cheddar cheeses, onions & peppers, and a fried egg pressed in a panini grill until toasty brown. A classically delicious breakfast panini sandwich!
Swaggerty's Farm Sausage Breakfast Panini Sandwich
- Split cooked breakfast sausage links in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with butter. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet with butter, fry eggs, breaking the yolk with a fork as they cook. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. If using an electric panini maker, heat according to directions.
- Lay two buttered bread slices on a work surface, top with Swiss and cheddar cheese (two slices each). Sprinkle chopped onion and bell pepper on top of cheeses. Add two or three split sausage links over veggies. Add a fried egg and top with the remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches on a hot grill pan or panini grill. If using a grill pan, press sandwiches down using a metal spatula as they cook. Cook until cheeses are melty and bread is well browned. If using a panini maker, follow directions until the sandwich is melty and browned.
Can be eaten on the go. Great for lunch, too.
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4.
6 Swaggerty's Farm Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked
2 large eggs
2-3 Tbs butter, melted
4 thick slices of Sourdough Bread, or Artisan bread
4 slices of Swiss cheese
4 slices of cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
salt and pepper to taste