Skip the carbs and try a delicious, satisfying, gluten-free burrito. A warm “cheese” tortilla filled with cream-cheesy and spicy eggs with crispy, golden brown sausage. Fold-n-Roll & Ready to Go!
Keto Burrito with Sausage
- Cook sausage patties over medium heat in a large non stick skillet. Drain on paper towel. Break into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Wipe out same skillet with paper towels. Turn heat to medium. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the edges start to crisp. Remove skillet from heat. Run a rubber spatula under the edges of the melted cheese to loosen totally from skillet. Gently press a sheet of parchment paper over the surface of the melted cheese and ﬂip out on to a ﬂat surface. Flip mozzarella “tortilla” over again so the browned crispy side in face down. Set aside. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella to make two mozzarella “tortillas."
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium-low heat. Cook green onions just until softened. Add whisked eggs and jalapeño cream cheese and cook until soft scrambled.
- Sprinkle half the shredded cheddar over the eggs and fold in until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Divide sausage pieces between the two “tortillas” mounding in the middle of each one. Top with cheesy eggs. Fold in sides and bottom up over the filling and then roll into a burrito.
If you want you can double this recipe simply by doubling the ingredients.
You can also make the tortillas ahead of time, layering them with parchment paper between each one. Quickly reheat just a bit when you are ready to roll into a burrito.
5 Swaggerty’s Farm Premium Sausage Patties
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 Tablespoons butter
4 large eggs, whisked
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup jalapeño cream cheese or herb cream cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
Salt and Pepper
Your favorite salsa to serve