Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, our corn muffins rule! Enjoy a delicious, golden-baked corn muffin with our flavorful sausage and spicy cheddar cheese any time of the day. Your kids will love making them and eating them, and best of all they make a great snack tomorrow! Just reheat and serve…
Sausage Corn Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine corn meal mix, eggs & oil. Blend well.
- Stir in shredded Cheddar & Hot Pepper cheeses.
- Add pimientos & stir just until mixed into batter.
- Fill 10 openings of a 12 muffin tin that has been sprayed with vegetable spray, evenly dividing batter. Gently place one of the half cooked sausage patties, cut side down, into the middle of each.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until corn muffins are puffy and golden brown.
These can be great fun for the kids if you just add a couple of "pimiento" or "red bell pepper eyes" to the tops of these muffins. The sausage creates a "smiley" face that is irresistible.
5 Swaggerty's Farm All Natural sausage patties, cooked & each cut in half
1 1/2 cups corn meal mix
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded hot pepper cheese
1 two ounce jar diced pimientos, drained
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Black or red beans and rice, pasta salad, vegetable soup
Special Kitchen Tools: