This is a meal fit for any occasion! Tasty hot or mild Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage mixed with just the right combination of hearty butternut squash, smokey mushrooms, quinoa, and spinach pulled together with the tang of cheddar cheese. What a quick and easy way to bring fall flavors and colors to the table anytime of the year!
Harvest Sausage Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Using the same skillet you browned the sausage in, over medium heat, sauté the onionsand bell peppers until slightly cooked. About 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to skillet and sauté 3-4 minutes just until wilted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add sausage, squash, spinach, and quinoa to the skillet and toss ingredients together gently.
- Scrape mixture into the casserole dish. Cover top with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or just until mixture is hot and cheese has melted.