Excellent opportunity for a talented, self-driven regional Foodservice sales representative to join a leading pork sausage manufacturer that provides, quite possibly, the best tasting sausage in America. This is a remote/telecommuting role and will be responsible for driving sales within a defined territory. The ideal candidate will have previous Foodservice sales experience within the perishables industry calling on broadline distributors such as Sysco, US Foods, PFG, Ben E Keith, Reinhart and their OPCO's as well as independent distributors. Broker management experience required.
- Align the sales organization with the company’s vision, mission statement and core values.
- Responsible for acquiring new business within the defined territory (Midwest, Southeast, Southwest, Eastern regions).
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly territory objectives and targets.
- Meet with key customers and potential customers on a regular basis. Achieve desired average gross margin for territory.
- Review and monitor accounts receivable aging reports to minimize outstanding balance.
- Recommend and convert customers with low margin products to higher margin alternative products.
- Implement corporate marketing strategy for territory such as new applications, target customers, trade shows, etc.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities when necessary
- Collect information regarding competitive products.
- Manage broker network within the territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing preferred.
- 5-10 years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Must understand the dynamics of the food business and how accounts are positioned in the foodservice channel.
- Understanding of product cuttings – comfort and knowledge of product attributes.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must reside near a major airport.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training brokers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Travel will be approximately 50 to 75%.
- Management Skills: Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform jobs effectively & be responsible for making decisions.
- Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and spoken word.
- Motivation: Ability to inspire oneself & others to reach goals and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills: Ability to analyze and find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize available time to organize & complete work within given deadlines
- Customer Oriented: Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Persistence: Ability to complete a task or course of action despite opposition or discouragement.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to effectively present information publicly. Add value to a sales call by virtue of reputation, product and customer knowledge.
- Sales Ability: Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or ideas.
- Computer Skills: Literate in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Corporate office working environment. Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Food & Beverage, Food Production, Consumer Goods
Swaggerty Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.