The perfect recipe for one of those "what to cook for dinner" days! This fantastic combo of tastes comes together in this simple and tasty skillet recipe. Juicy, browned sausage links sautéed with apples and onions topped with a dollop of orange marmalade and served with fresh steamed asparagus.
Sausage, Apple, & Onion Saute
- Brown Swaggerty’s Farm sausage links in a skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from skillet to drain.
- In same skillet over medium heat melt 2 tbsp of the butter, add the slivered onions and sauté until slightly softened for about 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 other tbsp of butter to the skillet with the onions & let melt. Add apple slices to the skillet, tossing with the butter & onions with a wooden spoon. Season with salt & black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every so often. Apples & onions will begin to caramelize a bit.
- Drizzle the 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar over the mixture, tossing well to coat apple mixture. Add cooked sausage links & toss well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add a splash of wine or apple juice to skillet, cook for another 5 minutes until ingredients are hot & bubbly.