The classic Patty Melt Sandwich gets a Swaggerty's Farm update. Crispy sausage patties topped with golden brown onions, special sauce, and hot melted cheddar & Swiss cheese sandwiched
between toasted sourdough.
Swaggerty's Farm Sausage Patty Melt Recipe
- Divide sausage into four equal parts, form balls, and flatten into patties about 4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat and add onions. Sprinkle with sea salt. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring a few times until onions are golden brown and softened. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the sausage patties, flattening gently with a spatula until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Wipe the skillet out with paper towels.
- While sausage patties are cooking, mix mayo, mustard, ketchup, and pepper jelly until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Smear the bottom 4 slices of bread with mayo sauce, shredded cheddar, and one cooked sausage patty. Top each patty with equal amounts of cooked onions and one slice of Swiss cheese. Smear the top slices of bread with the remaining sauce and place the sauce side down.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium heat. Place two of the sandwiches in the hot butter. Cook, pressing down with a metal spatula, or another heavy skillet. Cook until golden brown and the cheeses begin to melt, about 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat the process with the remaining two sandwiches.
IF you have leftovers, reheat sandwiches in an oven at 300-350 for a few minutes.
Serve warm. Sliced in half or left whole.
4 - 8
1 lb. Swaggerty's Farm Sausage
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. pepper jelly
4oz. sharp white cheddar, shredded
4 slices Swiss cheese
8 slices sourdough bread
4 Tbsp. butter, divided
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Potato chips, French fries, fried zucchini
Special Kitchen Tools: