Reach for a bowl of comfort food. Perfect for a date night in, a family dinner or an easy Sunday supper. Golden brown sausage and tender mushrooms tossed in a rich and creamy sauce with your favorite pasta noodles and topped with Parmesan cheese.
Sausage Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- In a large skillet, brown sausage until done, drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta noodles until al dente, drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and the sliced mushrooms. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, until mushrooms are slightly softened. Add cooked sausage and pasta back to the skillet, toss to mix, and combine.
- Pour in broth and cream, stirring to blend with the sausage mixture. Bring to a low boil, stirring consistently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add in fresh basil, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until sauce is well combined and heated throughout.
You can use any of your favorite short pasta noodles. Gemelli, Rigatoni, Farfalle, Rotelle, and Macaroni would all work great as well.
Serve bowls of hot pasta topped with additional shredded parmesan, fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
6 to 8
1 lb. Swaggerty's Farm Recipe Ready Sausage
1 lb. short pasta noodles
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed & chopped
Red Pepper Flakes
16 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup broth (chicken or beef)
1 cup heavy cream
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Crusty bread, wine, spinach
Special Kitchen Tools: