For those who prefer the lighter side of pizza! A crispy, crunchy crust topped with browed sausage crumbles and all your toppings. And best of all, it’s gluten free! You won’t believe your tastebuds!
Gluten-Free Sausage Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle a pizza stone or pan with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Put the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe mixing bowl and stir together. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove bowl and stir. Put back in microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Working quickly add almond flour, egg, salt, pepper, and herbs to the bowl and stir together. Mixture will be “gloppy” and start to seize but just keep stirring for a minute or two.
- Scrape crust batter out onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper and press into a disk with water dampened fingers. Place another sheet of parchment over the disk of crust dough and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out between the paper. Gently remove the top sheet of paper and using the bottom sheet with the dough on it to turn the rolled out dough onto the pizza stone or pan dusted with cornmeal. Use dampen fingers as necessary.
- Bake crust for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the top. Remove from oven and turn the crust over on the pan. Bake another 5-7 minutes to crisp up this side.
- Remove from oven and add half the shredded cheese, the vegetables, sausage crumbles, and the remaining cheeses. Bake for another 8 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
One way to prevent a soggy pizza crust is to invest in a pizza stone. They are inexpensive
and can be found in most home stores. You can use one over and over. The stone pulls the
moisture out of the dough while baking.
Another tip for preventing soggy top crust is to put down a layer of cheese before adding your
other ingredients. The cheese creates a dry layer between the crust and veggies and meat.
25 - 30 min
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TBSP cream cheese
1/2 cup almond flour (also called almond meal)
salt & black pepper to taste
1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
1 TBSP cornmeal
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage, browned & drained
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice - Swiss, cheddar, Gruyere
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 red bell pepper slivered
1/3 cup chopped or slivered onion
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
(Use any topping you like, more or less)
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, hot sauce, gluten-free family members
Special Kitchen Tools: