Whether it’s breakfast on the go or Sunday brunch, our awesome breakfast squares are the answer! Fluffy pancake crusts, tasty sausage & cheese, and spicy eggs sandwiched together and cut into convenient squares. Dip in maple syrup or… Grab-n-Go!
Sausage, Cheddar, & Egg Breakfast Squares
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheet pans, 10 x 15 inches approximately, with parchment paper. Spray paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together pancake mix, 5 eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper until blended. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter between the two sheet pans. Spread batter out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and done in the centers. Remove from oven to cool on rack for 5 minutes. Slide parchment paper with cooked pancake layers onto wire racks to continue cooling.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Re-line both sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Evenly spread sausage out on one of the sheet pans, pressing out flat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or unto sausage is cooked. Remove from oven. Drain off some of the fat. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside.
- Turn oven back up to 425 degrees.
- Quickly saute diced red bell peppers until softened. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the 9 eggs, 1/3 cup cream, sauted red bell peppers, salt & black pepper. Pour into parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. Remove pan to cool.
- Remove foil from sausage and sprinkle top with the shredded cheddar cheese. Melt the cheese for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- On a cutting board or other work surface build the layered “breakfast sandwich” beginning with a layer of pancake, then the layer of sausage with cheese, adding the layer of eggs and topping off with the second pancake layer. Gently press layers together. Cut into 12 servings.
Delicious with a smear of mayonnaise or mustard, a tomato slice and/or avocado slices.
Great for family Sunday brunches!
Ingredients for pancake layers:
4 cups dry pancake mix, such as Bisquick or Aunt Jemimas
5 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
Ingredients for sausage layer:
2 lbs Swaggerty’s Sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Ingredients for egg layer:
9 large eggs
1/2 cup whole cream, or milk
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and black pepper to taste