Enjoy the taste of hot pizza for breakfast! Hand-formed sausage patties fried crispy brown on top of a toasted English muffin that’s sprinkled generously with pizza seasoning, melted mozzarella, and basil, topped with a juicy egg… It’s Pizza for Breakfast!
English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Form bulk Swaggerty’s Farm® sausage into 8 hand-made patties, like you would make burger patties.
- Fry sausage patties until browned. Set aside to drain.
- Toast English Muffins halves in a toaster or oven and spread each half with softened butter.
- Cook eggs to your liking…sunny-side up, fried or scrambled. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place toasted muffin halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with pizza seasoning. Top with a slice of tomato.
- Add sausage patties and top each with a folded slice of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle again with pizza seasoning. Place in hot oven to melt cheese.
- When cheese is melted sprinkle top with fresh basil and egg. Sprinkle on more basil, salt & pepper to taste and a pinch of red pepper flakes if desired for a delicious layered english muffin and sausage breakfast!
Consider hand making the patties so they would be large enough to cover the English muffins. You’ll also get the crispy edges when you hand pat the meat.
These have all the wonderful flavors of pizza, but for breakfast!
1 pound bulk Swaggerty’s Sausage
1 package of English Muffins - you will need 4 halves
8 tomato slices
8 slices Mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and black pepper
Fresh basil leaves