A balanced breakfast sausage quinoa bowl with vegetables and eggs is ready in under 30 minutes. Crispy brown Swaggerty's Farm sausage, sweet potatoes, spinach, and eggs top a fluffy bowl of quinoa with avocado and cheese.
Balanced Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowl
- Cook 4 sausage patties until well browned and done throughout. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside with the pan covered.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet and add the sweet potatoes. Turn heat to medium and cook, flipping potatoes often with a spatula, until fork tender, about 7-8 minutes. Add one sliced green onion to the skillet and cook another few minutes. Using a spatula push the potatoes to one side of the skillet and add the fresh spinach. Cover the skillet and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Cook eggs to your liking..fried, scrambled, soft-boiled, etc.
- To assemble, add some cooked quinoa to each bowl, top with half the sweet potatoes, half the spinach, 2 sausage patties, an egg, avocado slices, crumbled feta, chopped tomatoes, and remaining sliced green onions. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
The quinoa can be prepped the day before, cooled, and stored in an airtight container. Reheat the portions in the microwave when ready to eat.
Top with creamy feta cheese crumbles, fresh slices of avocado, and chopped tomatoes.
12 oz. package Swaggerty's Farm Breakfast Sausage Patties
1 cup quinoa
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 cups fresh spinach
salt and pepper
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Whole grain bread, fresh juice, hot sauce
Special Kitchen Tools: