Step out this year from the same ol' party favorites and surprise your guest with these delicious stuffed mushrooms. Diced red bell peppers and cheddar cheese, sautéed with our butcher fresh sausage atop Baby Bella Mushrooms! Can you say fancy?
Sausage & Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- Into hot skillet with cooked Swaggerty's Farm sausage add the diced red bell pepper, chopped parsley & grated cheddar. Mix together until cheese in melted over low heat.
- Add softened butter & stir well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Clean mushrooms, wiping off any dirt or quickly rinse and wipe dry. Remove stems (consider adding stems to a soup or chop and freeze).
- Place mushrooms in a baking dish. Evenly divide the sausage-cheese mixture among all mushrooms. Add a little water to the bottom of the baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until mushrooms are hot throughout.
This appetizer can be prepared earlier in the day, kept chilled, and baked later - right before serving.
Or for a light entrée, top your favorite salad greens with a couple stuffed mushrooms.