Crispy, golden sausage crumbles and cheese layered in biscuit dough then baked in a loaf for easy pull apart serving. What a treat!
Pull-Apart Sausage Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the garlic powder and cayenne powder to the melted butter and stir. Set aside.
- Working with two biscuits at a time, on a flat work surface, using a rolling pin, roll biscuits out into circles about 1/4 inch thick. Brush one of the biscuits with some of the seasoned melted butter, sprinkle about a tablespoon of the cooked/crumbled sausage on top along with 1 tablespoon of the shredded Mexican and Parmesan cheeses. Top with second rolled out biscuit and lightly press down, sealing the edges somewhat. Brush the top with more melted butter, and top with another sprinkle of both cheeses. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
- Pick up each of the the filled stacks and place in the loaf pan “taco-like”, folded part down, edges up. This can be a bit messy but that is okay.
- Sprinkle any remaining sausage and cheeses over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and puffy. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Dump out of the pan carefully and cool for another 5 minutes.
This is a wonderful breakfast bread along with some scrambled eggs. Good brunch side as well.
Watching the game?This bread is a delicious tailgate treat…you may want to make two!
8 ounces Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage, browned and crumbled
One 16.3 oz can of refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled a bit
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/3 cup shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish