Sausage balls for everybody! Our gluten free sausage balls are puffy and golden brown with tart cheeses and spices for an extra kick. To keep the flavor going dip them in our special sweet & spicy sauce. This recipe is easy to make ahead ~ so go join the party!
Gluten Free Sausage Balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & spray with vegetable spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together using your hands (use gloves if you have sensitive hands) until very well mixed in a large bowl.
- Roll sausage mixture into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Check inside of one sausage ball for doneness. If not completely cooked inside cook another 5 minutes.
- For Dipping Sauce put jelly, soy or tamari and horseradish in a microwave safe bowl and heat until jelly has melted. Stir well. Set aside.
- Serve warm sausage balls with small picks for dipping into the sauce.
These can be made ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen to bake when needed.
It is easy to find gluten free baking mixes in most supermarkets these days.
1 lb. Swaggerty’s Farm Roll Sausage
1 ½ cups Gluten Free Baking Mix – Bisquick or Bob’s Red Mill brands are good
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Feta Cheese crumbles
½ tsp each garlic powder & onion powder
¼ to ½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 generous tablespoon chopped chives
¼ cup buttermilk
salt & black pepper to taste
½ cup Red Currant Jelly
1 tbsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce
½ to 1 tsp prepared horseradish