November 2019 - Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Quality Concern
KODAK, Tennessee, November 30, 2019 -- Swaggerty Sausage Company Inc., celebrating a tradition of quality for 90 years, announced today their 2019-2020 certification to the British Retail Consortion (BRC) Version 8 global food safety standard, receiving for the 7th consecutive year the highest grade possible: AA Certified.
BRC is the leading safety and quality certification program, which is used by over 29,000 certified suppliers in 130 countries. BRC Version 8 Global Food Standards for food safety are divided into nine (9) sections:
1) Senior management's commitment and continual improvement
2) The food safety plan (HACCP)
3) Food safety and quality management system
4) Site standards
5) Product control
6) Process control
8) High-risk, High-care and ambient high-care production risk zones
9) Requirements for traded products
The Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry experts from retailers, as well as manufacturers and food service organizations to ensure it is rigorous and detailed, yet easy to understand. You can read more about BRC Global Standards in food safety here.