Tennessee Sausage Pie
- Grease a 9”X9” baking dish.
- Remove crusts from bread and feed to the birds.
- Tear remaining bread into small pieces and spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Brown sausage in a skillet, drain, and crumble over bread. Sprinkle cheeses over sausage.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs until foamy.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour evenly over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until set in center.
Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
6 slices whole wheat bread
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage (hot or mild)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
6 whole eggs
2 cups evaporated milk
1 dash (or two) Tabasco sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 TBSP onion, grated
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Vegetables, fruit, greens
Special Kitchen Tools: