Savory Sausage Cheesecake
- Roll the pie crust think and use it to cover the bottom and up the sides of a 9” spring form pan. Press firmly against sides of the pan to press out wrinkles.
- Cook the sausage and brown the onion with it. Drain.
- Stir in celery and spread evenly into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the sausage.
- Blend together the cream cheese, eggs, milk, and sour cream. Pour over the sausage. Cover top with tomato slices.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven about 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is uniformly brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 15 minutes before removing the outer rim of the pan and serving.
Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes before serving.
45 - 50 min
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm sausage (hot or mild)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 oz. package cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
1 Pillsbury ready-to-use pie crust
Tomato slices (I peel the tomato)
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, vegetables, fruit, greens
Special Kitchen Tools: