- Cut zucchini into chunks and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand at room temperature about 30 minutes, drain, and pat dry.
- Cook in microwave about 5 minutes. Drain again.
- Fry sausage and drain.
- Mix sausage, zucchini, onions, 1 ½ cup of cheese (all but about ½ cup), crumbs, eggs, soup, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a 9”X13” casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese and cook about 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
10 - 12
1 lb Swaggerty’s Farm Hot Sausage
2 to 2 ½ lbs zucchini, cut into chunks
½ cup chopped onions
1 ½ to 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup cracker crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can cream of celery soup
½ tsp ground thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Salad, vegetables, fruit, greens
Special Kitchen Tools: