Sausage & Spinach Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Brown and crumble 1 lb Swaggerty's Farm sausage over medium heat in a large skillet. Add by handfuls the chopped spinach to the skillet with the browned sausage crumbles. Cook until the spinach is wilted, stirring into the sausage as it cooks. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To layer lasagna pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Add a layer of 4 no-boil lasagna noodles overlapping if need be.
- Dollop 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Layer 1/2 of the sausage-spinach mixture over ricotta cheese dollops and sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded cheese over all.
- Repeat layering…another 1/2 of the pasta sauce, 4 more no-boil noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, remaining 1/2 sausage-spinach mixture and another 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Top with final layer of remaining 1/3 of pasta sauce, 4 more noodles, final 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture and remaining 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center of lasagna is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven.
No-boil lasagna noodles have been around a long time and are the perfect pantry item for busy families. I always keep a box on hand. They can be found at all major supermarkets. The noodles cook as the lasagna bakes, soaking up the liquid from the pasta sauce. Like magic!
Italian cheese blends can be found at most supermarkets as well. They mostly contain a combination of Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, and Romano cheeses.
This lasagna can be prepared ahead of time, covered and kept refrigerated until ready to pop into the oven for a quick and tasty dinner.
Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
35 - 40 min
1 lb Swaggerty's Farm roll sausage
3 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 Box no-boil lasagna noodles
1 - 15 oz. container of Ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
Salt and black pepper
1 large jar of your favorite pre-made pasta sauce
2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Level of complexity:
Easy to intermediate
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
A simple green salad
Special Kitchen Tools: