At last, a quiche a real-man would eat proudly! Baked in a good ol' fashion iron skillet is a combination of fresh, browed sausage, dijon mustard, Swiss cheese, and eggs topped with artichoke hearts and tasty slivers of bell peppers! Hearty enough for real men and elegant enough to be invited to your next party!
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees.
- Bring 1 sheet of refrigerator pie dough to room temp. Roll out on lightly floured surface and fit into a well-seasoned iron skillet. Turn any excess dough to the inside of the skillet or trim away.
- Smear the 1 tsp mustard over the bottom of the pie dough and then sprinkle with ¼ cup of the Swiss cheese.
- Evenly spread the sausage crumbles over top of cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the Swiss cheese until well mixed.
- Pour egg mixture over the sausage. Arrange artichoke hearts on top.
- Place ½ of the bell pepper slivers decoratively over top of artichokes. Sprinkle final ¼ cup Swiss cheese over all and finish with remaining slivers.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the quiche is puffy and golden brown and the eggs are set.