An easy answer to the age old question, “What’s for dinner?” A flaky Crescent Roll puff pastry filled with cream cheese and flavorful sausage, baked golden brown.
Served in delicious, individual squares along with a tasty side salad. And in minutes - Dinner is served. Easy!
Sausage & Cheese Puff-Squares
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. When done, drain off any oil.
- Into same skillet, add the cream cheese spread and stir until well mixed & cheese is melted. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out one package of Crescent Rolls and press into the bottom of the 9 x 13 sheet pan closing up all gaps in the dough.
- Smear mustard over the dough leaving a 1 inch border all around.
- Spread the sausage-cream cheese mixture over the dough leaving a 1 inch border all around.
- Sprinkle the shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese over the meat mixture.
- Dust top of cheese lightly with salt & black pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface spread out the 2nd pkg of crescent rolls and press into a rectangle to fit over the filling. Lay this dough over the filling and pinch the edges of the top and bottom together to seal. Poke a few holes in the top dough to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Continue to bake another 10 minutes until golden brown and puffy.