A delicious and simple chili is loaded with 3 kinds of tasty beans, celery, onions, and meaty chunks of our butcher-fresh link sausage. Topped with cheese and green onions, the taste of this chili is almost dangerous so we do encourage you to try it at home!
White Bean & Sausage Chili
- Cook sausage links over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside to drain.
- In same skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, bell pepper, onion, and celery. Sauté just until veggies are softened. Toss in garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- In a large cooking pot set over medium heat add chicken stock, water, and all the beans. Add the cooked bell pepper-onion mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add one generous tbsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Cut sausage links into 1 inch bite-size pieces. Add links to cook pot.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cook chili for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve bowls of hot chili sprinkled with shredded cheese and chopped green onions.