Here’s an idea you’re sure to enjoy. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and apples mingled with toasted pumpkin seeds, avocado, and feta cheese, all atop a layer of fresh greens and delicious, bite size-link sausages.
Sausage, Berries & Feta Salad
- Cook sausage links on a pan in a 375 degree oven or in a skillet until done. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut links into 1 inch bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Add greens to a large salad bowl.
- Top with blueberries, strawberries, pumpkin seeds, avocado, apple and feta cheese.
- When ready to serve drizzle lightly with vinaigrette and gently toss.
Enjoy with a crispy cold glass of white wine or rose and slices of a baguette. You will have a better-for-you, colorful, warm-weather meal.
Serve with additional toasted pumpkin seeds and dressing on the side.
4 - 6
1 pkg Swaggerty’s Farm Italian Sausage links
Mixed Spring salad Greens (spinach, arugula, baby kale, baby romaine, etc)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 ripe, but firm avocado, peeled and cut into slices
1 small tart apple, cut into slivers
1 cup cubed feta cheese
Your favorite vinaigrette
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
White wine, slices of a baguette, chips
Special Kitchen Tools: