If you have never tried a skillet biscuit roll, now’s the time. This delicious recipe is a hit morning, noon, and night! Make it with your favorite Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage and let the compliments begin!
Skillet Biscuit Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray.
- In a skillet, brown sausage. While sausage is cooking stir in dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- When sausage is browned, remove from heat, drain, and let cool.
- Roll biscuit dough out into a large oval on a floured board about 1/4 inch thick. Use plenty of flour so dough will not stick to board.
- Sprinkle shredded Swiss cheese over the rolled out biscuit dough.
- Evenly sprinkle cooled sausage over cheese.
- Gently roll dough up into a cylinder. Cut dough into 12 slices using a serrated knife. Carefully place each slice into muffin tin, gently pressing to fit.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until rolls are puffy and golden brown.
These biscuit rolls are also great made with goat cheese or sharp cheddar.
For brunch or a tailgating party serve with some fresh fruit.
Wrapped in a double layer of foil these rolls will stay warm for up to one hour
Any way you choose, Swaggerty’s Farm fresh butcher-cut flavor will dazzle your family’s tastes.
Cool on a rack for about 5 minutes before serving.
1 lb of your favorite Swaggerty’s Farm premium sausage
1 /2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 tsp each: dried oregano, thyme, basil, and rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt & black pepper to taste
1 recipe of your favorite biscuit dough mixture, mixed according to package directions (e.g. Bisquick®, Martha White®, Jiffy®) all-purpose flour for rolling out biscuits
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Special Kitchen Tools: