Savory Sausage Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add self-rising flour to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the cold butter cubes over the flour. Using your fingers work the butter into the flour until there are no chunks of butter left.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, olives, cracked black pepper, and cooked Swaggerty's Farm sausage crumbles to the flour mixture.
- Make a "well" in the center of the flour mixture and gently pour half the milk into the well. Use a fork to stir ingredients together, adding more milk as you stir to make a somewhat wet dough.
- Scrape dough out onto a flour dusted work surface and roll out to about 1 inch thick. Press sides of dough to make a loose square.
- Using a sharp knife, cut biscuits into 9 squares for large biscuits. Cut into small squares for bite-size biscuits.
- Place cut biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze.
- Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
Smaller, bite-size biscuits are perfect for a gathering. Served with softened butter and herbed goat cheese. Add a jar of jam for brunch or breakfast.
You can make these ahead. Freeze before cooking and they will be ready for when you need them.
10 - 15 min
12 - 15 min
Swaggerty’s Farm All Natural sausage links, 12, each cut into 3 pcs
1 cup Swaggerty's Farm sausage cooked, crumbled, and well drained
2 ½ cups self-rising flour
1 stick(8 tbsps) cold butter cut into small cubes
¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
¼ cup chopped black olives, Kalamata or regular kind
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 cup milk plus extra for glazing tops of biscuits
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Herbed cheese spread, parties, brunch at home
Special Kitchen Tools: