Featuring roasted potatoes, sausage, feta, egg, and only one skillet... Imagine all your favorite breakfast flavors baked together and served from the same pan! Roasted potatoes layered with flavorful sausage, onions, carrots, spinach, and eggs topped with avocado and feta cheese. Don’t forget the salsa!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut potatoes into about 4 slices each. Mix together olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss sliced potatoes until well coated. Lay potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 10 to 12 inch cast iron or other oven safe skillet with olive oil. Layer roasted potato slices in bottom and along sides of skillet. Set aside.
- To the same pan you cooked the sausage in, cook the shredded carrots and onions over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add baby kale leaves and a splash of water to same pan and just barely wilt over medium high heat. Remove greens from and spread them out on top of potatoes in skillet.
- Top greens and potatoes with the cooked sausage, shredded carrots and onions.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese over all.
- Make “nests” in the ingredients and crack an egg in each. Place skillet in the oven and bake just until eggs are cooked/set to your liking. Remove skillet from oven.
This is a recipe that can be made with so many things…sliced squash, slivered bell peppers, cheddar cheese, etc…Use what you have.