Start the day off with lasagna?
Yes, breakfast lasagna! Layers of your favorite sausage links, soft scrambled eggs, tasty blueberry waffles and hot melted cheese baked into a delicious lasagna!
So Simple & it’s Gluten Free!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with 4 waffles, overlap if necessary or leave flat.
- Spread 1/2 of the scrambled eggs over the waffles then sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded cheese on top of the eggs.
- Add the last 4 waffles, top with the remaining eggs, all the cooked sausage links and the rest of the shredded cheese. Press down on layers gently.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and melted and “lasagna” is hot in the middle.
You could just as easily make this using gluten free pancakes. We used gluten free blueberry waffles for added flavor and texture.
This recipe is so easy it only take about 10 minutes to cook the sausage and a few minutes to assemble and can be put together the night before for an early morning baking.
A great back-to-school breakfast as well.
Let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving. Add salt and black pepper to taste if desired.
6 - 8
8 gluten free waffles, plain or blueberry, thawed
8 eggs, soft scrambled
2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack blend
12 Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage Links, cooked & well drained
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Tomatoes, fresh fruit, orange juice, and spinach
Special Kitchen Tools: