This easy to make casserole is hard to beat when time is short but flavor is needed. A crowd pleasing combo of your favorite Swaggerty's Sausage, sweet potatoes, spinach, eggs, and cheese baked to a golden brown. What a treat! Let’s eat!
Sweet Potato-Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking or casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle ½ cup Parmesan cheese over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place 8 sausage patties across the bottom of the dish and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the sausage patties.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the Mexican cheese blend over the patties as well.
- Evenly distribute the chopped fresh spinach leaves on top of the cheese.
- Scatter the sweet potato tater-tots or French fries over the spinach in a single layer.
- Gently pour the egg-milk mixture over all.
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan & 1 cup Mexican cheese blend. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly. If the casserole starts to brown to quickly then cover loosely with a sheet of foil.
A definite make ahead. Assemble and freeze for up to 1 week before baking if desired. Allow casserole to defrost at room temp for 30 minutes before baking. Additional baking time may be needed.
Individual mini-casseroles made in large size (Texas Muffins) muffin tin would be fun for a holiday brunch.
If you cannot find Sweet Potato Tater-tots then just use fries and break them into smaller pieces.
The slight sweetness of the potatoes is a perfect compliment to the sausage and eggs.
Serve hot with a side of fruit for the perfect Swaggerty’s breakfast.
35 - 40 min
8 Patties of Swaggerty’s Farm sausage
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded, divided
2 cups loosely packed chopped fresh Spinach leaves
6 eggs lightly beaten with 1 cup milk
4 cups frozen Sweet Potato Tater-tots (or Sweet Potato French Fries)
Salt & black pepper
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Hot coffee, milk, side of fruit
Special Kitchen Tools: