Gather the family and enjoy a warm cheesy, delicious breakfast sausage casserole. Crispy chunks of Swaggerty's Farm sausage are mixed with cheddar cheese, French onion dip, veggies, and tater tots, and baked until browned and bubbly.
Swaggerty's Farmhouse Breakfast Sausage Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown Swaggerty's Farm Sausage, breaking it up into chunks as it cooks throughout. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, French onion dip, ground pepper, 3/4 cup chopped green onions, and 1 cup chopped bell pepper until well blended. Gently fold in frozen tater tots until well combined.
- Spread half of the mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Top with sausage crumbles.
- Add remaining tater tot mixture to the baking dish and sprinkle with remaining frozen tater tots, bell peppers & green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. Cover with with foil.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and begins to brown on top. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Top with additional copped green onions or vegetables. Great served hot or warm.
6 to 8
1 lb. Swaggerty's Farm Sausage
2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups French onion dip
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers
28 oz package frozen tater tots
(set aside 20 tots for the top)
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Coffee, tomatoes, fresh fruit
Special Kitchen Tools:
9 x 13 baking dish