These Late Summer Garden Breakfast Sticks are great for breakfast or brunch! Fresh zucchini, red bell peppers, and green onions mixed together with eggs and browned sausage, baked in cast iron cornbread stick pans.
Late Summer Garden Breakfast Sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray stick pans generously with vegetable spray or brush with canola oil.
- Brown sausage, crumbling into small pieces as it cooks, in a skillet. When sausage is almost finished toss in green onions and finish cooking. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a bowl mix together shredded zucchini, diced red bell pepper, red pepper flakes, eggs and grated white cheddar together until well mixed. Stir in a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Place prepared baking pans on a larger sheet pan to catch any overflow. Divide sausage mixture evenly between pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is puffy and cooked in the middle. Remove pan and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove breakfast sticks from pans using the tip of a dinner knife.
Pan for sticks - cast iron cornbread stick pans work well or any other pan that will bake in a ‘stick form…they are readily available at Walmart and Target. Small muffin pans will work in a pinch but the sticks make a great presentation.
8 ounces Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini squash, shredded and squeezed somewhat dry
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
Salt and black pepper