Whether you’re off to work, an early class, or just like to keep it simple some mornings, our hearty and delicious breakfast bowls are the answer.A flavorful combo of sausage, sweet potatoes, and spinach, topped with cheese and a poached egg. Frozen into single portion tubs, ready for the microwave, just grab and go!
Grab & Go Breakfast Bowls
- Brown sausage with garlic until no longer pink. Break into large bitesize crumbles. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 6 eggs and whipping cream.
- Stir in grated sweet potatoes and half the shredded cheddar cheese until blended.
- Add in salt, black pepper, and taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Fold in steamed spinach leaves until well mixed.
- To assemble as Grab & Go Breakfast Bowls - divide egg mixture evenly between freezer tubs. Top each tub with equal amount of Swaggerty’s sausage crumbles and remaining shredded cheddar. Add lid to each tub, squeezing out air and freeze.
- To eat you can remove from freezer the night before and microwave until egg-cream mixture is set in the morning or leave frozen for a grab-and-go breakfast to heat and eat when you get to work or to class.
- Optional: Add a quick poached egg to the top of each breakfast bowl before freezing. Here is how to make it quick and easy.
- Crack an egg into a small microwavable bowl with a few teaspoons of water. Lightly cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for a minute or two (depending on the power of your microwave) until just set. Remove poached egg from bowl with slotted spoon and add to top of your breakfast bowl. Easy!
For freezing - 4 to 6 freezer safe & microwavable food storage boxes - each for one breakfast serving
4 - 6
1 lb. Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 cups grated sweet potato, patted dry with paper towels
1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 packet taco seasoning
2 packed cups baby spinach leaves, steamed just to wilt
Optional: 4-6 eggs if desired
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Coffee, juice, seasonal fruit
Special Kitchen Tools: