Your life is about to change forever, once you try this great on-the-go breakfast burrito! Our tasty link sausage, scrambled eggs, green chilies, pepper jack, and cream cheese all wrapped in a warm tortilla. Takes only 15 minutes to a breakfast that never tasted so sweet! A delicious combo of savory sausage, sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, and crispy peppers topped off with melted cheese in a flour tortilla - served up in a skillet… sweet! You could eat this breakfast everyday!
Breakfast in a Skillet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat brown the sausage, crumbling into chunks with a spatula as it cooked. Add the bell peppers and red onion to the sausage and cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- Peel and cut microwave-cooked sweet potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Press a tortilla into each skillet/baking pan over bottom and up sides.
- Smear each tortilla with half of the mustard. This adds lots of flavor to the finished dish.
- Soft scramble the eggs.
- To assemble skillets sprinkle about 2 tbsp of cheddar over the bottom of each tortilla.
- Divide soft scrambled eggs between each skillet.
- Sprinkle sweet potato chunks evenly over eggs in both skillets.
- Top each skillet with half the sausage-pepper-onion mixture and the remaining shredded cheddar.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melty & mixture is bubbly.