Savor the flavor of homemade pancakes & sausage. Bite size sausage balls mixed with pancakes and baked to a golden brown, then drizzled with maple syrup! Great for big family breakfasts or an on-the-go snack for the kids!
Pancake Breakfast Balls with Maple Syrup
- Mix together gently, in a large bowl, the cubed pancakes, ground cinnamon, 2 whisked eggs and 1/3 cup maple syrup until well blended.
- Working with one sausage patty at a time, place 1 generous teaspoon pancake mixture on top of each one and using your hands mix together to form a meat ball, keeping some of the pancake pieces whole. Each sausage patty makes one approximately 2 inch meatball.
- Place meatballs on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet as you work. When you have made all 30 meatballs, cover loosely and pop into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake meatballs until cooked throughout, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
You can alway make a half batch of these meatballs as well, but they are so easy to make why not make the whole box; cook the meatballs, cool, and freeze in bags for later. Just pop a few into the microwave and they are ready to eat.
One 30 count box Swaggerty’s Farm Premium Sausage Patties
6 frozen, thawed or homemade pancakes, cut into small cubes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, whisked
1/3 cup maple syrup plus additional for serving
Fresh fruit, optional