This delicious breakfast or brunch favorite has just the right combination of apples, maple syrup, browned sausage, and cream cheese spread over traditional French toast. You can have eggs, milk, sausage, and bread all in one bite! Appréciez votre petit déjeuner! (Enjoy your breakfast!)
French Toast Recipe - Swaggerty's Style
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut rounded ends off loaf of bread. Slice loaf into 8 thick slices. Cut each slice of bread ¾ of the way through to form a "pocket."
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked sausage, apple, and cream cheese until well blended and spread-able.
- Stuff an equal amount of the sausage mixture into the pocket of each bread slice. Press gently to close filling inside of bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a flat skillet or griddle over med-hi heat. Spray surface of skillet with vegetable spray.
- To cook French toast, dip each slice of stuffed bread in the egg-milk mixture allowing bread to soak up some of the liquid and then place dipped bread in the hot skillet. Repeat with all slices of bread. Cook until French toast slices are toasty brown and crispy on both sides. Place cooked bread slices flat on foil lined baking sheet to keep warm in oven until all French toast is cooked.