This breakfast sandwich recipe is so delicious & easy you may wonder why you never thought of it. Eggs & hash brown potatoes, covered with melted cheese & topped with slices of hot sausage, sandwiched between hot toasted, straight from the oven cinnamon bread. Drizzle with maple syrup! Bam!
Cinnamon Bread Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Smear slices of Cinnamon Swirl bread on both sides with softened butter. Lay slices out flat on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and a pinch of salt & black pepper.
- Stir the shredded potatoes into the eggs.
- Scoop egg-potato mixture into a hot skillet with melted butter to create 4 patties. Cook on both sides until crisp.
- Put pan with bread slices into the oven to lightly toast.
- When egg-potato patties are done immediately top with slices of cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Remove lightly toasted bread from the oven.
- To assemble sandwiches: lay four slices of bread on flat work surface. Top each slice of bread with one of the egg-potato-melted cheese patties. Place two Swaggerty’s sausage patties on each and top with 2nd slice of toasted Cinnamon Bread.
- Serve warm as a handheld sandwich or plated with a drizzle of maple syrup.
This breakfast sandwich has it all….eggs, potatoes, cheese, Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage & wonderfully toasted Cinnamon Bread.
8 Swaggerty’s Farm sausage patties, cooked and drained, covered with foil to keep warm
8 slices of Cinnamon Swirl Bread/or Raisin Swirl Bread
1 1/2 cups shredded potatoes for hash browns from the supermarket
4 to 8 sharp cheddar cheese slices
Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
Maple Syrup to Drizzle when serving, optional
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
juice or coffee
Special Kitchen Tools: