An omelet for any meal. A light, cheesy omelet with chunks of flavorful cooked sausage and savory veggies baked until golden brown and puffy. Bake it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you pick!
Baked Three Cheese & Sausage Omelet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 inch round baking dish with softened butter. Set aside.
- Saute green onions in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Add sausage and brown, crumbling with a spoon as it cooks until well done. Remove skillet from heat.
- Whisk together in a mixing bowl the eggs, half and half, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add half the red and yellow bell pepper slivers, half of the shredded Jarlsberg, shredded Parmesan and softened goat cheese whisking until well blended. Stir in the cooked onions and sausage mixture.
- Pour mixture into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle remaining bell pepper slivers over the top and remaining shredded Jarlsberg cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until omelet is puff y and golden brown and done on the inside. Adjust cooking time based on your oven if need be. Remove from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
This is a wonderful puffy, cheesy omelet studded with chunks of cooked sausage that is not only good for breakfast or brunch, but would make a great dinner entree as well. The avocado slices are the perfect side for this dish. Full of protein and flavor.
Jarlsberg is originally a Norwegian cheese, but it also is produced in Ohio and Ireland with their permission. It is semi-firm which is good for shredding, is buttery and nutty in flavor. Very easy to find in most supermarkets.
This is a dish that can be prepped ahead of time as it is a baked, not a stove top, omelet. Puffs up beautifully. All the cheese gives this omelet a nice brown crust with a very soft, creamy inside.
1 tablespoon softened butter to grease 9 inch round baking dish
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1/2 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
1/2 lb. Swaggerty’s Farm sausage
1/3 cup half & half
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/2 each red and yellow bell peppers, cut into thin slivers
1 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese (divided)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup softened goat cheese
1 to 2 ripe avocados for serving