An easy, fun twist on the all-American grilled cheese sandwich starts on the outdoor grill for that ultimate grilled-flavor. Your favorite cheese, scrambled eggs, and our flavorful sausage crumbles on lightly toasted bread! For breakfast, lunch, or dinner this grilled cheese will please!
Sausage & Egg Grilled Cheese
- Cook sausage until done with no pink showing.
- Crumble sausage.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper (add any other spice favorites; hot peppers, etc.).
- Scramble the egg mixture.
- Fold in the sausage or add sausage sprinkled between layers (step 8).
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of buttered bread, butter side down, in a frying pan.
- Add a slice of cheese, (if not folding sausage in egg mix, add sausage here as layer) egg mixture and another slice of cheese, then add the second slice of buttered bread with the butter side facing up.
- Fry for a couple minutes on each side, while watching the bread so it does not burn.
The addition of a tomato soup and salad could turn this sandwich into an easy lunch or dinner.