Celebrate the end of the summer and gather your last tomatoes for a delicious sausage tartlet. A treat you won't forget with it's tasty dijon mustard and blend of cheeses, eggs, & tomatoes, all baked to a golden brown.
Tomato & Sausage Tartlets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tartlet shells on a baking sheet.
- Smear a bit of mustard over the bottom of each tartlet shell.
- Add a bit of shredded cheese to the bottom of each shell and top cheese with some of the sausage crumbles.
- Top sausage in each shell with tomato slices, sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Evenly divide egg-milk mixture between shell. Add any remaining sausage crumbles to top of tarts and sprinkle each with some of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until puffy & golden brown.
18 - 20 min
Brown any Swaggerty's Farm sausage (4 sliced patties or 1/4 roll or 4 links cut into small pieces) with 1 tsp dried thyme and crumbled
8 store bought frozen tartlet shells
1 tbsp Dijon style mustard
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
1 ripe medium size tomato sliced with slices cut into quarters
A few cherry tomatoes slices
1 egg & 1/2 cup whipping cream mixed together (we mixed in a glass jar with lid)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt & black pepper to taste
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Cut up fruit, green salad, dinner parties
Special Kitchen Tools: