This all-time favorite dip will spice up any party! The smoky, spicy flavor of tasty sausage is mingled with fresh crisp vegetables and baked in a skillet with bubbling, hot melted cheese. Ready for dipping in minutes… but expect compliments to go on for hours!
Swaggerty's Queso Fundido
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heavy 12 inch skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and bell peppers to the skillet and quickly saute just until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Scrape onion-pepper mixture into a bowl & set aside.
- While skillet is still hot add half the shredded cheese & top with half the onion-pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle half the cooked sausage over all, then the remaining cheese, onion-bell pepper mix, black beans and ending with remaining cooked sausage. Sprinkle top with chili powder.
- Place in oven and bake for about 4 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted & bubbly. If baked too long the cheese will harden.
- While hot and bubbly, sprinkle the top with chopped tomatoes and cilantro leaves - and if desired, tortilla chips. Remember skillet will be very hot straight from the oven, so sit it on a hot pad and let your guests know it’s hot!