Need a flavorful conversation piece for your next gathering? Surprise your guest with delicious Sausage Cookies! Made from a unique combo of Rice Krispies® and cheddar cheese with a hint of heat with cayenne pepper! Baked to a golden brown and served with a grin, these treats will be the hit long into the night.
Sausage & Cheddar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter and cheddar cheese together using a stand mixer.
- Sift together flour and cayenne pepper. Add by half cups to butter-cheese mixture, scraping down sides of mixer as needed until all flour is added. Batter will be stiff. Scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked sausage and Rice Krispies cereal to mixing bowl and blend into butter-cheese-flour mixture. Use hands to make sure ingredients were well incorporated.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on non-greased rimmed baking sheet. Using a fork dipped in water, flatten each ball.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until sausage cookies are puffy and golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Store in containers with tight-fitting lids.